Remove your operational roadblocks to grow your business
The Duggan Approach at a glance:
|Conduct an assessment describing all of your problems… you already know this||Conducts a planning event that provides you with a transformation plan|
|Perform a GAP analysis based on industry trends and what they think you should be doing||Begins with executive training on what Operational Excellence is and the process to achieve it|
|Form teams and facilitate brainstorming||Trains your team members on Value Stream Design, Mixed Model production, and Shared Resources to handle the complexities of real life manufacturing|
|They prioritize easy wins||We generate a future state for flow based on our proven design criteria|
|Perform Kaizen events that improve parts of a process, only to create bottlenecks in other places||We follow a step-by-step, detailed implementation plan that enables you to achieve end-to-end value stream flow|
|Show they’ve made improvements in certain areas based on isolated metrics||We ensure that the reality on the production floor matches the future state design we create together|
The Results of a Duggan Engagement:
- More output to customers in a shorter lead time
- 100% on-time delivery
- Flexibility to build to customer demand
- Customer response time improvement
- Increased cash flow
- Educated workforce
- Fewer meetings
- Less management intervention
- An end-to-end customer delivery system that each employee is engaged with
Operations development with Duggan means we train, coach, implement, and manage projects with you.
The Duggan approach will teach value stream design techniques required to create a lean flow capable of operating with a single point of scheduling, and little management intervention, even in the face of complex product mix or constantly changing customer needs.
This will result in a more autonomous and productive value stream and will free management to work on growing the business.
Our Mixed Model techniques enable us to achieve this goal even if you have 50,000 different part numbers. In fact, this is where the proven Duggan point of difference really starts to shine.
The Duggan approach is designed to create flow for you regardless of complexity.
The goal we set is to design an end-to-end flow of value to the customer for each value stream, resulting in significant WIP inventory and lead time reductions.
We also teach you to create guaranteed turnaround times for your value stream flow, making it possible to promise delivery dates to customers and always hit them.
Not sure where to start?
Start with our 2-day assessment to clarify how Operational Excellence can be deployed at your business.
What does a Duggan assessment deliver to you?
- Determine your destination and goals as a business
- Analyze your process and plant layout
- Analyze your flow of information
- Develop your product families to define value streams
Clarify your next steps without committing to a long-term engagement with Duggan
The Duggan Difference
See why common offerings fall short of your expectations and end up wasting your time
What is it?
How does it help?
Is it the right time for you to implement OpEx?
Product Families & Mixed Model Value Streams
Simplify and organize your complex business into a structured process all personnel understand
- “It’s really focused on customers; it’s focused on markets; it’s focused on strategy. Operations get times, it’s not ignored. It’s not like we don’t want to talk about it. It’s that we don’t have to talk about it.”Jim Miller, Vice President of Operations and Plasma Businesses at Hypertherm
- "Tim spent three days with us to teach us Operational Excellence in the office methods, and help us apply them to one of our core value streams ... But by the third day, the team was fully sold on the ideas and extremely motivated to make the changes happen immediately. This is a credit to the OpEx methods and particularly to the way Tim taught with a no-nonsense approach, answered difficult questions, and guided the team to the future state value stream design and action plan."Remi Guillemette, Business Processes & Continuous Improvement Manager at CAE Australia Pty Ltd
- "I have utilized Kevin Duggan at various times over the last 15 years, first at United Technologies Corporation and now at my current company FMC Technologies. He demonstrates a very high level of competency in all things lean and Operational Excellence, is very articulate and knows how to engage an audience. With his expertise and presentation style, he has my highest recommendation for corporate training and conference keynoting!"John Boyd, Senior Vice President Global Products at TechnipFMC