Review/Buy Our Book
The long awaited book on applying Lean in a mixed model manufacturing setting is now available. Advance from stable demand and low product variety into a world of complexity with a variety of products, variable demand, different cycle times, and shared resources. This 198 page book with accompanying CD will teach how to develop future states in complex mixed model environments.
- A spreadsheet and tutorial for sorting products into product families
- A spreadsheet for calculating equipment required to support the mix.
- A spreadsheet that determines the interval for EPEI (Every Part Every Interval)
- Samples of Visual Method sheets for Standard Work.
- Case Study current state and future state Value Stream Maps
- New Value Stream Mapping icons
The book includes a forward by Jeffrey K. Liker and is published by Productivity Press. Read the reviews on Amazon.com.
Kevin has taught workshops from this book for Productivity, Inc. To date, the response to these concepts has been overwhelming. Many of the students suggested calling the book "Seeing Reality" as it is a very practical down to earth class.
Get the updated EMC current/future state example here (pdf, 123k).