Intro to Lean Product Development 201
This workshop begins with the basics of lean product development and goes on to encapsulate advanced developmental methodologies and techniques in a hands-on, practical manner under the guidance of an expert facilitator. The teams learn how to value stream map their current state product development projects, how to apply lean principles to product development, and how to implement what they have learned.
This is a deep dive class that teaches advanced lean principles such as the concepts of cadence, pull, and flow, set based concurrent engineering, and trade-off curves. Students will also learn how to incorporate value stream mapping into their product development processes. The result of this training teaches students how to create and see lean flow within their product development initiatives while capturing and retaining knowledge along the way.
- Introduce lean product development in a hands-on manner through a combination of lecture and exercises
- Introduce Cadence, Pull, and Flow
- Introduce set-based concurrent engineering
- Introduce the key elements of a Lean Product Development organization
- Introduce the LAMDA approach and A3 thinking
- Provide an overview of the application of Value Stream Mapping to Product Development
What Participants Say
"Workshop was very informative and exciting. Good knowledge for the work place."
"Very informative, will be helpful in developing Lean in our assembly area. Would love to join in the next training session."
" Nice introduction into Lean Manufacturing. Questions and examples demonstrated real life manufacturing issues. Instructor was well prepared and knowledgeable. Well worth the trip."
- The four pillars of lean product development
- The bead game (hands-on exercise)
- Cadence, pull, and flow
- Set-based concurrent engineering
- Organizing for lean product development
- Learning and capturing knowledge
- Introduction to value stream mapping
- Defining value streams in product development
- VSM – Current state exercises
- VSM – Future state concepts
- VSM – Future state exercises
- Implementation plan development and execution
- Case studies
- Measuring progress and success
About Our Instructors
The Duggan team is comprised of qualified individuals with industrial, management, and executive experience. Each member goes through an intensive “train-the-trainer” program teaching the standard work required to help companies achieve operational excellence. Learn more>